I believe everyone knows Taekwondo. Among many fighting sports, he is more popular. We often have a complete set of protective gear when we are studying. The role of protective gear cannot be ignored. How to wear Taekwondo protective gear?
1. Athletes must wear protective gear during actual combat or competition. The protective gear includes helmet, armor, crotch, forearm, foot and shin. Crotch guards, forearm guards, and shin guards are worn inside the gi. Female athletes must wear female crotch guards and female chest guards, which must also be placed inside the gi.
2. The protective gear of taekwondo athletes is divided into 1 to 5. The smaller the number, the smaller the protective gear. Size 1 is suitable for children, size 2 is suitable for teenagers or adult girls, size 3 is suitable for men 50, 54, 58 kg, women 51, 55 and 60 kg, size 4 is suitable for 64, 70/76 kg, and 5 The number is only applicable to 83kg or tall athletes.
3. When wearing a helmet, do not cover the eye sockets, so that the elastic rubber band at the chin is fixed, not too tight or too loose. If the helmet is too tight, you can change to a larger size, or loosen the string on the top of the helmet a little.
4. When wearing the chest protector, the upper two ropes are tied diagonally, and the lower two ropes are tied horizontally. Be careful not to be too loose or too tight. Excessive armor will affect the legs. The arm guard should be worn on the outside of the forearm, which is often used for blocking and can be hit with heavy kicks. The shin guard should be placed on the face bone, and the crotch guard should be worn upright, neither crooked nor slanted.
5. If you notice that the protective gear is loosened during the game, you can signal the referee on the stage to request a time-out and arrange the protective gear. But at this time, don’t stretch your hand over your head, or you will be warned. It should be indicated to the referee when the two sides are in a confrontation state. If the game is in the middle of a fierce attack and counterattack, it is necessary to wait for the end of the shock to make arrangements.
6. The chest protector is a very important training equipment. Competitive athletes need to use the chest protector to practice a lot of distance and time difference. The real sense of actual combat also depends on the chest protector practice.